Over time, our body is subject to stress and effort caused by pregnancy, birth, working in the office, driving cars or various sports.
There are also countless causes such as accidents, traumas, surgeries that can cause unnecessary pain or stiffness, immobilization, or even limitation of the body functions.
Physical therapy targets a wide range of pains and dysfunctions at all ages. Often the origin of the problem is at a distance from the area where the symptoms are felt and it is vital to find the cause in order to treat the problem successfully.
At the Physical Therapy Practice Adriana Serban, each patient is evaluated and treated individually.
There are many diseases, injuries, pains that physical therapy successfully treats, and we will list some of them below:
- Sports disorders such as cricks, sprains, tendinitis, muscle sprains or ruptures, meniscus or ligaments ruptures, etc.
- Joint pains;
- Back pain (lumbago, lumbar pain, thoracalgia, cervicalgia etc);
- Deviations of the spine (chest, scoliosis, lordosis)
- Herniated disks
- Pre- and postoperative recovery in surgery;
- Fractures, cricks, sprains;
- Neurological disorders (stroke, Parkinson’s disease, polyradiculoneuritis, peripheral nerve paresis)
- Cardiovascular disorders (following a myocardial infarction, heart surgery)
- Respiratory disorders;
- Rheumatic diseases (gonarthrosis, coxarthrosis, spondylosis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis)
- Road accidents;
- Multiple trauma;
- Pregnancy and postpartum period;
- Baby affections;
- Children an teen affections;
Massages stimulate blood and lymph circulation, activate cell nutrition, stimulate tissue elasticity, help fight fat deposits, improve muscle functions and qualities, and also create a significant state of relaxation for the patient.
Types of massages:
- Therapeutic massage
- Relaxation massage
- Manual lymphatic drainage
It is a highly successful therapy, superior to classic physiotherapy, painless and without side effects, being completely free of risks.
The effects of laser therapy:
- Reduce pain and inflammation;
- Reduce muscle contractures;
- Decrease of edema;
- Resorption of hematomas;
- Wound healing;
- Improve stretch marks
Ultrasound therapy or ultrasonotherapy is a great method among physical therapy procedures.
The effects of ultrasonotherapy:
- Reduce pain
- Muscle relaxation
- Stimulate tissue healing
- Bone repair
- Decrease of edema
- Improve stretch marks
- Diadinamic currents
- Interfering currents
- Trabert currents
- Muscle electrostimulation
It is the application of elastic strips directly on the skin in order to maintain a stable position of the muscles or bones during normal movements or during sports activity. This reduces the feeling of instability and/or pain, limiting the excessive or abnormal movement of the joint.
Tapingul plays an important role in lymphatic drainage and preventing muscle contraction.
CMP – Continuous passive mobilization
Manual therapies :